When speaking of the words “pollution”, “air contaminants”, or even “air quality” – most people’s first instinct is to think of the air we breathe outside our homes. What most do not realize; however, is that the quality of air inside their own home is often more contaminated with pollutants that the outside air.
What exactly can pollute the air you’re breathing at home? Here are a few causes of pollutants listed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency:
- Fuel-burning combustion appliances
- Tobacco products
- Building materials and furnishings such as
– Newly installed flooring, carpeting
– Deteriorating asbestos-containing insulation
– Cabinetry or furniture made of certain pressed wood products
– Products for household cleaning and maintenance, personal care, or hobbies
– Excess moisture/humidity
- Outside sources such as
– Outdoor Air Pollution
– Biological debris, dust, and pet dander
Indoor Air Pollution has short and long-term effects to homeowners and if you suffer from asthma or allergies, these contaminants can contribute to discomfort or health affects in your very own home.
That is where we come in. All Volusia and Flagler Heating and Air offers multiple Indoor Air Quality solutions to help remove, combat, and prevent indoor pollution. Through the use of Media Air Filtration, Ultra-Violet Light Air Purification Systems, Ozone-Free Ionization Generators and other non-harmful and long-lasting options we can keep your house healthy for years.
We provide indoor air quality service for Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Daytona Beach, Deltona, Port Orange and all surrounding areas.
Breathe easy. Breathe healthy.